We want all of our children at Sambourne CE VC Primary School to be healthy and happy children who achieve in learning and in life.
We are committed to the National Healthy Schools Programme which promotes the four core themes:
- Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE) including drugs and SRE education.
- Physical Activity
- Healthy Eating
- Emotional Health & Wellbeing, including bullying
At Sambourne this includes:
- Anti-Bullying week
- E-Safety week
- Visit from Childline
- Using a recommended PSHE scheme of work
- Visit from the Life Education Van
- Dentist visits
- SRE teaching
- Sugar free cooking lessons
- Growing and eating fruit and vegetables in the school garden
- Fruit scheme for KS1
- Nutritionally balanced hot school dinners
In September 2018, we introduced the daily mile where the whole school walks together around the school site after lunch. This has proved really successful both for physical and social activity.