Sports Premium Grant
At Sambourne CE VC Primary School we believe it is every child’s right to receive high quality learning and teaching in all aspects of their curriculum, this must include physical education. Children have a right to be challenged in PE as in any other area of the curriculum. Therefore, Sambourne believes that physical education, experienced in a safe and supportive environment, is a unique and vital contributor to a pupil’s physical, intellectual and social development. A broad and balanced physical education curriculum contributes significantly to the wider educational growth of the whole child; developing physical skills, providing opportunities for social interaction, cooperation, competition and challenge.
Sambourne CE VC Primary School Vision
- Every child receives high quality teaching and learning in physical education.
- Children are encouraged to be physically active for sustained periods of time both in PE lessons and within their playtimes.
- Children are inspired by PE lessons/clubs, enjoy being physically active and leave our school with the motivation, the physical confidence, competence and knowledge and understanding for lifelong participation in physical activity.
- Children understand the benefits of a healthy lifestyle, how it affects their well-being and how it supports their health and fitness.
- Opportunities are made for more children to be involved in competitive sport and a wide range of other physical activities which help to embed the values of fairness and respect.
Planning for sustainability:
Our staff will have ongoing professional development, through a 1:1 mentoring session with a PE specialist, to improve the teaching of PE/Sport
The outcome of this will be:
- Staff more able and confident to plan and deliver high quality PE lessons
- PE lessons are active, inclusive and challenging for all
- Skills in teaching outdoor games are developed
- Progression is evident across the curriculum and within PE lessons.