A brief history of the school
Founded as the Sambourne National Church of England Schools for girls and infants in 1835 at Sambourne. The boys school had been founded in 1815 in Church Street and they remained there until 1846 when a new school opened for them in Vicarage Street. That school was extended in the 1880s. In 1919 Sambourne became the Church of England Boys' School (the girls were at the Minster School) but by 1923 was again mixed as Sambourne Senior Church School for Warminster taking all senior children in the town. In 1953 it became Sambourne Voluntary Controlled Secondary Modern School. Senior pupils left and it became Sambourne Primary School in 1957.