Vision and Values
Our Vision – Striving for Excellence
Our Motto – ‘Lifelong learning - learning for life'
Recognising its historic foundation, Sambourne CE VC Primary School, will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the church at parish and diocesan level.
Sambourne CE VC Primary School aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all of its pupils.
Our aims and aspirations:
- Create a caring, loving Christian atmosphere for all and develop a sense of awe and wonder
- Build trusting, collaborative relationships among staff, families and community members, in which people are valued and partnerships are effective
- Diversity is valued and celebrated, all children and adults are treated with respect and pupils’ voice is a strength
- Have the greatest expectations for every child so that they achieve the highest appropriate standards in all areas
- Encourage an appetite for learning and positive attitudes throughout the whole school community
- Enable children to think creatively and constructively, to work independently and be inspired to discover more
- Promote strong relationships with other schools and community partners to deliver good quality provision across all curriculum areas
- Offer a rich, stimulating and broad curriculum, including extra-curricular activities, which encourages critical thinking, addresses the interests of the children and prepares them to be lifelong learners
Our five Christian Values: